This is a paid feature, and you need to purchase the Awareness service to use it.
Package detection is a technology based on the continuous evolution of algorithms and massive data. When the camera watches the package being picked up or put down, it will notify you of a push message. You can check the status of the package in the push message in the notification bar. The detected package is highlighted by a bounding box in your notification.
You will see the corresponding tags in the video list:
- The package was picked up:
- The package was delivered:
- The package was stranded:
How to make Package Detection work?
- Camera position and distance.
It is recommended to place your camera at a height of about 8 feet( 2.5 meters) and tilt it so that you can see the area where the package is located.
At the same time, the distance between the camera and the package should not exceed 10 feet (3 meters).
After removing the camera for charging or changing the location of the camera, remember to reconfirm whether the package position is accurate.
- Camera view.
Please make sure that the package is visible in camera view and that it is not blocked by other objects.
At night or in the case of insufficient light, the detection capability is decreased. Please mainly refer to the detection results during the day or under sufficient light conditions.
- Select package.
Please don't forget to select the package in the Notification Settings/ Smart Push.
At the same time, frame the area where the package may appear on the video screen in conjunction with the location of the package on the ground to improve the recognition accuracy of the package.
Tips: The minimum detection size of a package is 8x10x1in (20x25x2.5). It may be difficult to detect a package that is less than the minimum size.
Why sometimes a package cannot be detected?
Package detection is a technology based on the continuous evolution of algorithms and massive data. Sometimes, the detection rate is low. Please check the following reasons:
- In the case of nighttime or insufficient lighting, the detection rate of regular boxes will become lower.
- In the case of irregularly-shaped packages, the detection rate of the package will become lower.
- In the case of interlaced lighting and shadow at night, the detection rate of the package will become lower.
- In the case the distance between the camera and the package is too close or too far, the detection rate of the package will become lower.
- If the package stays for a long time, the detection ability will be affected. It is recommended that you take it away in time after receiving the package notification.
If you have any questions, please send us feedback for further assistance.