If you are having trouble accessing the live stream of your device, there are a few things you can try:
- Update app & firmware: Ensure that the app and the device firmware are up to date. If they are outdated, it may cause a live stream time out issue. Please check in the app for any available firmware update and check on Google Play/App Store for any available app update. Follow the instructions to install the available firmware/app update if any. If you have an iOS device, please also ensure that "Local Network" is enabled for the app in your phone's settings.
- Check your internet connection: Ensure that your device is getting a strong Wi-Fi signal from your router, and that your internet connection is stable. A weak or unstable internet connection can cause problems with the live feed. Here are a few things you can try:
- You can try moving the device closer to the router;
- Sometimes simply restarting the router can resolve connectivity issues, so you can try unplugging the router for a few minutes, then plugging it back in and restarting it;
Set the resolution to SD in the full-screen live view (landscape live view);
- If possible and necessary, you can also try using a Wi-Fi range extender.
If none of the above suggestions resolves the issue, you may need to try the following. If you require assistance to implement the steps below, you can contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or reach out to us for detailed support.
- Reduce network congestion: Streaming video requires a lot of bandwidth, so if you have other devices on your network that are using a lot of bandwidth, it can cause issues with accessing the live stream of your device. If there are too many devices connected to your network at once, it may cause network congestion and slow down the connection speed. In this case, you can try disconnecting or pausing other devices that are not necessary or reducing the network traffic to see if it resolves the issue.
- Check Internet speed: Even if your Wi-Fi signal is strong, if your internet speed is slow, it may not be able to support the live stream. You can test your internet speed by running an online speed test, which will give you a measure of your download and upload speeds. Or you can contact your internet service provider to inquire about your internet plan and speeds. If you're using a guest Wi-Fi, slow internet speeds are common, so you may want to switch to the main Wi-Fi network if available. If you're not using a guest Wi-Fi and your internet speed is consistently slow, consider upgrading your internet plan if necessary.
- Check network firewall or security settings: Make sure that your network security settings are not blocking the device's connection. Check your router's settings to ensure that the device's IP address is not being blocked by the firewall or other security settings.
To summarize, if you're having trouble accessing the live stream from your device, it's likely due to issues with your internet connection. You can try various troubleshooting steps, such as updating the app and firmware, checking your internet connection, moving the device closer to the router, restarting the router, using a Wi-Fi range extender, reducing network congestion, checking your internet speed, and adjusting network security settings. If you're still having issues after trying all these steps, you can submit feedback on the app to get further technical assistance.