Your device may sometimes miss motion activity based on several factors. Please refer to the following factors that may lead to the camera missing motion activity and how to correct them.
- Weak or Unstable Network Connection. If your camera's network connection is not in good condition, the cloud recordings may fail to be completed or the cloud recordings may fail to be synced to the "Library" in the app.
- Possible Solution: Please ensure that the camera is connected to stable and good Wi-Fi. You can try to restart your router and modem: Turn off your router and modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn them back on. This can help resolve temporary glitches and refresh your network connection. You can try to move the camera closer to your router and avoid obstructions such as walls, large furniture, or appliances that can interfere with the Wi-Fi signal.
- Limited Field of View. Cameras have a specific coverage area, and any movement occurring outside this range will not be captured. Poor positioning or obstructions obstructing the camera's view can contribute to this issue.
- Possible Solution: The motion sensor is more sensitive to movements across the camera's field of view than movements toward or away from the camera. For the best performance, please make sure that the specific movements that you would like to monitor across the camera's field of view.
- Incorrect Installation. If the camera is pointed in the wrong direction or placed too high or too low, it may miss some recordings.
- Possible Solution:
- Please note that when you install the camera about 7 feet high and 10°～15° downwards, the motion detector will perform best. Besides, please note that the motion detector performs best for movements 5 feet to 20 feet (1.5 meters to 6 meters) from the camera.
- Please don't install the camera behind a window or glass. Otherwise, the camera will not be able to detect motions.
- Possible Solution:
- Insufficient Motion Detection Sensitivity. In some cases, if the motion detection sensitivity of your device is set too low, the camera will not detect any minor movement, resulting in missing motion activity and not recording videos.
- Possible Solution: Please set "Detection Sensitivity" to "High". After doing that, the distance the PIR sensor can perceive will become longer and wider. How to adjust sensitivity: tap the camera "setting" icon > tap "Motion Detection" > tap "Detection Sensitivity".
- Cool Down Time. If the Cool Down Time feature is on, the camera does not record or detect movements during the interval time. While this feature may extend the camera's battery life, it can result in missed recordings during the specified time interval.
- Possible Solution: If capturing every possible event is essential, consider disabling the Cool Down Time feature in the camera settings-Motion Detection. If you still prefer to use the Cool Down Time feature, try reducing the interval time to minimize the chances of missing important recordings. (Please note that disabling Cool Down Time and adjusting the Interval Time is a paid feature)
- Please note that when in live view, the camera will not detect motions (record videos and send notifications). If you want to save the live video, you can tap this record button
to save it on your phone album.
If the camera still doesn't work after following the provided troubleshooting steps, please contact technical support. Provide us with the details of the steps you've taken, including camera settings, installation information, and test results. This will help us understand the situation and provide the necessary assistance to resolve the issue.